CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

huh?

Ever since I was little apparently Ive had this idea I wanted to be a nurse, or someone in the medical field. Last June I Graduated from a 9 week CNA course, and thought I would have the world by the balls.......got a per-diem position at the local Hospital, but didnt get enough hours to pay for toilet paper. Today I had a 6 hour training course to stay on the CNA registry. However.....since I dont work in a nursing home, and I dont do home care, I felt totally out of the loop. My CNA job (when I actually get some hours) includes changing stretchers, getting cups of juice, and filling linen. I loved working with the older people on the Dementia Unit during clinicals, but Im finding it hard to fit any of the shifts into a schedule with 3 kids, schoolwork, laundry and getting other things accomplished, so for now Ive decided to try and keep myself on the registry, and hopefully when the kids get a little older I can persue another Avenue.

0 comments: