CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Snakes, Bugs, and squirrels.......oh my!

Yesterday was Caden's trip to a 4-H camp they go to a few times a year at school. We had gone up there in the fall and built a "peep" shelter, a peep is a small "person" made of all natural things, such as sticks, bark, leaves etc. So, yesterday we headed up to the camp, and we were greeted by 100 million mosquito flying all around us....I knew from the moment I got there it was going to be Hell on Earth so much fun. While the 2nd graders did their circle time and such, us adults go to get outta the bugs and go inside to find out schedules and how the day was going to be run. After 50 miles a little walk the counselor started pointing out some plants and different fungus of the forrest, it was actually pretty neat. After a Long ass time lovely short stroll in the woods, we finally headed out to the spot where we had built our peep shelters months ago, to see how they had survived the winter months. Caden and I must be good builders, because it was EXACTLY how we had left it before winter, it was really neat to go back. Then it was time for lunch and closing performances. Our group was the "Storytellers" so the kids had to put on a short play for the other groups, they did a Broadway performance good performance for only practicing for a few mins. After every group had done their presentation for the others, it was time to go back to the real world again. My son was so happy that I went, and I was so happy that these people had BUG HATS, I didnt care what I looked like, those Bugs from Hell cute little bugs couldnt suck the life out of me.
Here is a few pics from our time there.....



0 comments: